Sunday, May 29, 2005

His Will - My Divorce

I'm anticipating a discussion soon with my pastor. He spoke last week on the work of the Holy Spirit. The topic - How do we know when He is acting in our lives? Pastor asked me today to drop him that e-mail I promised and tell him how God has been acting in my life. I said "He's been going through it with a bulldozer." It has certainly been an adventure, following God's will. His ways are not our ways - man, they sure aren't. But bulldozers clear away. They remove mountains of junk and prepare a place for new construction. Praise God for considering this site worthy of re-development.

My divorce was final this week. Now I suppose I am free to concentrate on getting closer to Him. It's with a sigh that I begin this new phase of life. Grateful that I'm still here after all that's happened to me but wishing this 2nd marriage - the real one, I thought, had worked out. That happy-ever-after ending sure is elusive. But I will trust in God to make it all right. If I can't trust in love, or a spouse or a dream then I know despite it all that I can trust in Jesus Christ.
"Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him" Job 13:15
It's been hard to trust and believe the unbelievable - that He wanted me to walk away from my marriage. Still, we believe that He was born of a virgin, brought the dead back to life and many other miracles. Divorce is an un-miracle, the death of the miracle of finding love in this cold world. But this is God's world. My Savior brings life out of death. Does it every springtime. I'm waiting on You, Lord. Heal this heart.

God bless.

Ki

No comments: